Trusted for Four Seasons
Once a luxury, air conditioning is now a necessity. Building design no longer includes the tall ceilings and ventilation features of old homes, and A/C is as essential as heating in Northern Virginia.
The Air Conditioning Cycle
Today, we offer quick response to homes and businesses across the area. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you encounter the following issues:
- Unfamiliar noises – AC units produce plenty of sounds, such as the whir of the fan or the sound of the compressor cycling on and off. These noises are usually audible, but not loud enough to be distracting. However, vibrating noises might indicate a service requirement.
- AC unit won’t power on – first thing to check are switches and circuit breakers.
- Very poor airflow – check your filter. A dirty filter can lead to a frozen coil, which blocks airflow entirely. Turn the outside unit off until thawed. (See what a frozen coil looks like below!)
- System unable to reach thermostat setpoint – Low refrigerant levels may be at fault.
- Some AC unit problems are easy to spot, and some may be easy to fix. However, your malfunctioning air conditioner needs to be checked by a professional, especially if it’s an older model that hasn’t been checked or repaired in the previous years.
Here for Your Cooling Needs
At Thomas J. Fannon & Sons, we prioritize your safety and comfort. Our cooling products and services are designed and engineered to provide efficient and reliable temperature regulation to get you through the warmest months of the year. Call us today at (703) 549-5700 to schedule an appointment.