A malfunctioning heater in the winter and a problematic air conditioner in the summer will cause great discomfort to you and your family at these times. Fortunately, you can avoid this hassle if you regularly schedule tune-ups in the spring.
Read on to learn more about the important role spring HVAC repair and tune-ups play in improving and maintaining your HVAC system’s performance.
The Benefits of HVAC Tune-Ups
- Fewer HVAC repairs. Regular tune-ups in the spring minimize the need for repairs during critical months of the summer and winter. Spring generally has fair weather and low humidity, making it an ideal season for HVAC maintenance and cleaning.
- Reduced costs. A professional HVAC team will check your heater’s fuel oil levels, condenser coils and other components, making sure that your HVAC system is energy-efficient, properly-functioning and can contribute to your energy savings.
- Extended HVAC lifespan. Realigning components, removing obstructions and ensuring all HVAC parts are functional can extend the lifespan and improve the performance of your heating and cooling system.
Your HVAC Technician’s Tune-Up Checklist
Most HVAC tune-up services include the following:
- Duct cleaning. HVAC technicians will clean dirty filters and the intake duct systems that can attract hair, dust and debris. Dirty filters and ducts can trigger allergies such as rhinitis and cause respiratory problems due to poor indoor air quality.
- Condenser coil cleaning. Condenser coils absorb indoor temperatures and use these for heating or cooling. Dirty coils reduce their heat-absorbing capability, making regular condenser cleaning a crucial part of the process. Professional HVAC cleaners have specific tools and methods to clean the condensers in order to avoid damaging them.
- Refrigerant level checking. You should have enough refrigerant to ensure your HVAC system can adequately cool your space. A qualified technician can check the refrigerant level for you, refill refrigerant and make repairs as needed.
- Thermostat calibration. HVAC thermostat batteries need to be replaced yearly to perform properly. During tune-ups, technicians will test your HVAC system for optimal heating and cooling by checking the settings on your thermostat.
The best HVAC and water heater technicians have years of experience and certification to perform quality repairs and installations. You can always count on Thomas J. Fannon & Sons for exceptional workmanship. Call us at (703) 549-5700 or fill out our contact form to request a quote.
Leave a Reply